How we use your personal information
Flame International collects personal information to further our work in bringing healing of the emotional and spiritual damage caused by bloodshed, conflict, poverty and oppression. We value the support we receive through prayer, gifts and time. We could not continue the work without you and we give thanks for all those the Lord has led to be involved in this work.
We are committed to respecting your privacy and keeping your personal data secure.
We do not share your information with other organisations, except in the case of legitimate processing of documents for those going on mission, or where required by law.
If at any time you no longer wish to hear from us, please tell us on 01252 336509 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The sort of information that we collect, and store includes:
• Your name
• Your contact information – address, email, telephone number and mobile number
• Date of birth
• Bank account details if you have completed a form to make a regular donation by standing order.
• Your Gift Aid status
• Your position within an organisation or charitable trust (if relevant)
• Specific information about the ways in which you engage with Flame, for example if you belong to the Flame 1000 Club (our regular givers), are a Flame ambassador or have been on mission with us.
• For those going on mission we hold information relating to the insurance, visa applications, flight details and letters associated with entry to the host country. We also hold emergency contact details, contact information for your prayer supporters, health and other relevant information (which would be required in the event of an emergency). This information is held for the purposes of mission and is shared only with the mission leader, the mission co-ordinator, and the UK contact in the event of an emergency.
Why we collect and use this information
We use personal data to:
• send Burning Issues
• email our monthly Prayer Carpet and mission prayer requests
• inform you about our events, healing and training days; and register your attendance request
• administer your donation, including processing Gift Aid
• thank you if you make a substantial donation to our work or help us in some other significant way
• contact you as a representative of a charity or organization (such as a church or charitable trust) for example to confirm speaking arrangements
• keep a record of donations you have made, questions, complaints or other correspondence relating to Flame International
• ensure that those on mission to areas of conflict are as safe as possible
Our lawful basis for processing this information
We process this information under the Data Protection Act 1998 and the EU 2016/679 regulation (also known as the General Data Protection Regulation or GDPR) which covers the protection of natural persons about the processing of personal data, and the free movement of such data.
Our lawful basis for collecting data is your consent. For those going on mission we have a legitimate basis for holding the information required to allow you to travel safely, including insurance, passport information, flight details, visa applications and emergency contact details.
Storing this information
We hold your information in a secure database system, which only staff trained in data protection may access. Mission information is held on a separate secure system for the duration of the period during which you are going on mission.
Requesting access to your personal data
Under data protection legislation, you have the right to request access to information we hold about you. To make a request, contact email@example.com.
You also have the right to:
• object to processing that is likely to cause, or is causing, damage or distress
• prevent processing for the purposes of direct marketing
• object to decisions being taken by automated means
• in certain circumstances, have inaccurate personal data rectified, blocked, erased or destroyed; and
• claim compensation for damages caused by a breach of the Data Protection regulations
If you have a concern about the way we are collecting or using your personal data, we ask that you raise your concern with us in the first instance firstname.lastname@example.org . Alternatively, you can contact the Information Commissioner’s Office at here.
Changes to this notice
We may make changes to this Privacy Notice and these will be published on our website www.flameinternational.org.uk.
If you would like to discuss anything in this Privacy Notice, please contact:
Data Protection Officer, Flame International, PO Box 424, Aldershot, Hampshire, GU11 9ER